Thomas Cook Group plc is working hard to provide access to services and information that are helpful to all our customers. Many Internet users with disabilities find websites difficult to use simply because of the way they are designed.
This website has been designed to be as accessible as possible and to be compatible with the different types of mobile devices using responsive technology.
The following standards have been met when designing the website making it accessible with respect to editorial content and user experience. We have complied with the best practice set out in the W3Gs web Content Accessibility and Mobile web guidelines.
- We have used plain language and avoided jargon.
- We have divided large blocks of information into manageable chunks e.g. using short paragraphs.
- We have expanded upon each abbreviation or acronym where it first occurs.
- We have provided a consistent structure and navigation.
- We have clearly defined the different sections of the site and pages and have ensured consistent location of pages. All page titles are present.
- We have not broken the back browser functionality.
- Audio and video content does not autoplay.
- Information has not been displayed solely with colour.
- When images are shrunk for mobile use, we have conveyed the same information/message/ feel in a reduced format.
- All links have been accurately titled so that our users are confident of the destination.
- New windows do not open without prior warning to our users.
- Font sizes maybe changed on the website by accessing your preferences through your browser.
This website meets the standards recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), and the code has been validated to meet XHTML 1.0 Transitional Specifications.
We have tested this web site thoroughly and are always keen to improve our accessibility tools. We would like to know if you have found this web site accessible or if you had any problems. Please email with Groupcommunications@thomascook.com any queries or comments.