In this section you can find the most frequently asked questions regarding your shares. If you can’t find what you are looking for and need further assistance you can visit the Registrar’s FAQs website by clicking here.

Who do I contact for any general enquiries regarding my stakeholding?

The answers to a number of frequently asked questions relating to management of your shareholding may be found on the Registrar’s website, www.shareview.co.uk

Queries relating to Thomas Cook Group plc shares can be submitted electronically via help.shareview.co.uk

Alternatively, queries can be addressed to:

The Registrar
Equiniti Aspect House
Spencer Road
West Sussex
BN99 6DA
United Kingdom

Tel: 0371 384 2154  (international telephone number: +44 (0)121 415 0182)

Shareholders should quote the Company reference number 3174 and their shareholder reference number (which can be found on your share certificates and dividend documentation), when contacting the Registrar.

How can I receive paper-free shareholder communications and vote electronically?

Increasingly, companies are offering shareholders the choice of receiving communications such as the Notice of AGM by email or online instead of by post.

To register a preference, you just need to create a Portfolio at www.shareview.co.uk which you can use to tell the Registrar if you want your Thomas Cook mailings sent to you by email or post. You can then change this at any time by simply logging on to your Portfolio and choosing “Change preferences” from the main left hand navigation menu.

If you register to receive your shareholder documentation electronically, whenever shareholder documents are available, you will be sent a link to the appropriate website, where the documents will be available to view or download. Receiving documents online does not affect your rights as a shareholder in any way.

By registering to receive your shareholder documentation electronically you will help reduce paper, print and postage costs and help the environment.

Electronic voting
All shareholders can submit their proxy vote for the AGM electronically at www.shareview.co.uk.

To register their vote shareholders will need the number detailed on their form of proxy. Alternatively, shareholders who have already registered with Shareview can submit their proxy vote by logging on to www.shareview.co.uk and clicking on company meetings.

What is Shareview and how do I use it?
Shareview is a free, easy and secure way to manage your shareholding online. You can view details of recent movements in your shareholding and change your address and bank mandate details online. To register with Shareview www.shareview.co.uk, you will need your shareholder reference number, which is shown on your share certificate, dividend documentation and form of proxy. Shareview may also be used to register for paper-free communications and to vote electronically at general meetings.
When was the last dividend paid?
The interim Dividend for the six months ended 31 March 2011 was paid on 7 October 2011. The Board will not declare any further dividend payments whilst the Group re-builds its balance sheet.


Important Notice

TC-ipad-635x501-593x500Warning to shareholders about share fraud: Share fraud includes scams where investors are called out of the blue and offered shares that often turn out to be worthless or non-existent, or an inflated price for shares they own. These calls come from fraudsters operating in ‘boiler rooms’ that are mostly based abroad.

While high profits are promised, those who buy or sell shares in this way usually lose their money.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has found most share fraud victims are experienced investors who lose an average of £20,000, with around £200m lost in the UK each year.

Protect yourself
If you are offered unsolicited investment advice, discounted shares, a premium price for shares you own, or free company or research reports, you should take these steps before handing over any money:

  • Get the name of the person and organisation contacting you.
  • Check the FSA Register at www.fsa.gov.uk/fsaregister to ensure they are authorised.
  • Use the details on the FSA Register to contact the firm.
  • Call the FSA Consumer Helpline on 0845 606 1234 if there are no contact details on the Register or you are told they are out of date.
  • Search the FSA’s list of unauthorised firms and individuals to avoid doing business with.
  • REMEMBER: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

If you use an unauthorised firm to buy or sell shares or other investments, you will not have access to the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) if things go wrong.

Report a scam
If you are approached about a share scam you should tell the FSA using the share fraud reporting form at www.fsa.gov.uk/scams, where you can find out about the latest investment scams. You can also call the Consumer Helpline on 0845 606 1234.