Thomas Cook, one of the world’s leading holiday companies, continues to deliver against its strategy to develop its own-brand hotel portfolio with the announcement of a further 11 new hotels. The new hotels include four upscale SENTIDOs and three of its adults-only Sunprime hotels Including those previously announced, Thomas Cook will see a total of 20 new own-brand hotels open between now and Winter 2018/19.
The new openings include two for next summer in Islantilla, a new destination on Spain’s Costa de la Luz for Thomas Cook. Following the introduction of the company’s new flight route to Thessaloniki, a new smartline will open next summer on the Olympus Riviera in northern Greece alongside the planned SENTIDO Mediterranean Village.
Other new openings include a second own-brand hotel for Thomas Cook in Italy: SENTIDO Orosei in Sardinia following the success of the SENTIDO Acacia Marina, which launched this summer in Sicily.
The success of new hotel concept Casa Cook, which saw the launch of its second property in Kos this summer, continues to attract new customers to Thomas Cook as it transforms the traditional package holiday experience. Customers have a further two to look forward to with openings confirmed in Chania, Crete, for Summer 18 and Croatia, for Summer 19, as previously announced.
Peter Fankhauser, Group Chief Executive, Thomas Cook, said: “The 11 new hotels we have announced today are testament to our commitment to invest in providing our customers with the best hotels to suit their preferences and pockets. We continue to open up new destinations for our customers as well as offer a range of hotels in popular areas that give us a resilient portfolio for Summer 18.
“By focusing on our customers, our own-brand hotels give us the opportunity to take even more control of the customer experience. The success of our second Casa Cook hotel opening in Kos this summer with near full occupancy over the summer shows how our own-brand properties can attract new customers to Thomas Cook as well as improve customer satisfaction.”
The announcement of the latest pipeline follows the recent introduction of Aldiana as a new own-brand to Thomas Cook, subject to completion of the acquisition of a 42% stake. The Aldiana acquisition brings the addition of its eight club resort properties to the Thomas Cook own-brand hotels portfolio.
Thomas Cook’s own-brand hotels are a key part of its strategy for profitable growth, offering its customers a unique holiday experience which deliver higher levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty while achieving higher returns than the portfolio average.
Recent innovations in its own-brand hotels include Choose Your Room where guests can select their room based on their personal preference – providing added choice and confidence to customers’ holidays. In addition, all customers benefit from the 24-Hour Hotel Satisfaction Promise in which the company commits to rectifying any issue a guest may have within 24 hours, as well as the Connected Service which ensures guests can contact a Thomas Cook representative at any time of day or night during their holiday.
Thomas Cook regularly reviews hotels in our own-brand portfolio against strict criteria on quality and customer satisfaction. As a result, 19 hotels will be removed from its portfolio by Winter 2018/19: 13 smartline hotels, four SENTIDO and two Sunconnect properties.
As a result of these changes, the own-brand portfolio by the end of Winter 2018/19 will stand at 191 hotels, including the eight Aldiana resorts.
Notes to Editors:
Details of new hotels.
A collection of upscale hotels offering couples, single travellers and small families unforgettable holidays where the small details are considered from the SENTIDO signature fragrance, music and fresh juice each morning.
- Spain: SENTIDO Benalmadena – situated in Benalmadena with 140 modern spacious rooms.
- Spain: SENTIDO Ama Islantilla – 204 rooms, situated in Islantilla on Spain’s Costa de la Luz.
- Spain: SENTIDO Playanatural – 230 rooms, large swimming pool situated in El Rompido.
- Italy: SENTIDO Orosei – Italy’s second SENTIDO, situated in Sardinia. 120 rooms.
Tailored to adults travelling without children, Sunprime hotels offer guests design-led rooms, great pools, a gym, spa facilities, restaurants serving authentic cuisine and a wide range of activities to suit those looking for a relaxing break or those who want to be more active.
- Kos: Sunprime Pearl Beach – Modern and comfortable adult only hotel with 98 rooms.
- Cyprus: Sunprime Protaras – Situated in Protaras, eastern Cyprus. Adults only with 110 rooms.
- Gambia: Sunprime Tamala – Available winter season 2018/19, 120 rooms. Adult only.
Sunconnect hotels are perfect for families looking for fun beach getaways at friendly prices. Special activities for children and teens combine with spacious swimming pools and family-friendly rooms to provide action and excitement for all the family.
- Crete: SunConnect Marina Beach – Beachfront property, 396 rooms
Smartline hotels offer families, single travellers, couples and groups of friends beach holidays at reasonable prices. The family-run, three- and four-start hotels combine modern design with warm hospitality in the heart of beach life.
- Portugal: smartline Miramar – situated in Albuferia, 106 rooms.
- Crete: smartline Mama Lemon – situated in Cheronissos, Crete brand new modern hotel with 250 rooms.
- Greece: smartline Mediterranean – based on the Olympus Rivera only 68 rooms, all exclusive to Thomas Cook.
- Crete: The brand new 95-room beachfront hotel in Chania. The hotel is designed to cater to couples, friends and solo travellers as well as families looking for an alternative holiday without kids’ activities and entertainment.
- Cape Verde: Sunprime Ponta Sino – Situated in Santa Maria, on the island of Sal. The brand new property has 296 rooms all exclusive to Thomas Cook.
- Greece: SENTIDO Mediterranean Village – situated in the northern region of Greece in Chalkidiki with lagoon style pool and views of Mount Olympus. 176 rooms.
- Cape Verde: Sunwing Ponta Sino – Situated in Santa Maria, on the island of Sal. The brand new property has 240 rooms all exclusive to Thomas Cook.
- Cyprus: SunConnect Sofianna Resort – Brand new modern 167 room hotel in Paphos
- Ras Al Khaimah: smartline Ras Al Khaimah Beach Resort – 253 rooms close to the beach and offers great value with a contemporary design. The resort is just 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. Available winter season 2017/18.
- Lanzarote: smartline Pocillos Playa – 75 rooms, located in Puerto del Carmen. Available winter season 2017/18.
- Lanzarote: smartline Lanzarote Palm – Modern and spacious, located in Puerto del Carmen with 110 rooms. Available winter season 2017/18.
- Ibiza: smartline Xaloc – 51 spacious apartments based in Ibiza’s lively San Antonio, perfect for groups of friends.
About Thomas Cook Group Plc.
Thomas Cook Group plc. is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups with sales of £7.8 billion. Thomas Cook is supported by 22,000 employees and operates from 16 source markets, serving over 19 million customers annually. Thomas Cook Group plc’s shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
Contact Details: Matthew Magee
Head of corporate communications
Thomas Cook Group plc
Phone: +44 207 294 7059